Disney and Marvel Studios broke records last year with their superhero movie releases, but they don’t want it to stop there. Once again, Disney is looking to win best film award at the next Oscars by highlighting Eternals of Chloe Zhao. The film’s official campaign offers several categories, including those of the best filmfrom best directorof the best photography and a plethora of other categories covering almost every possible aspect of the movie.
It wouldn’t be the first superhero movie to attempt the feat. Black Panther managed to land a nomination for the best movie in 2019. The film also earned some of his other Oscar nominations, including those for the best film musicfrom best costume design and the best decor. Both Black Panther and Eternals are recognized for their diverse cast and visual effects. If accepted by the Academy, this will be Chloé Zhao’s second Best Director nomination, her first being for nomadland in 2020. That year, nomadland won both Best Director and Best Picture.
Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige led the campaign for 2019’s Avengers: Endgame after Black Panther’s Oscar run, pushing for the Best Picture Oscar along with 13 other categories, but only walked away. with a nomination for best visual effects. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse won Best Animated Feature at the 2019 Oscars.
These numerous awards and nominations only give hope of winning an Oscar for a film marvel, while Disney rolls on the box office, the studio with the big ears wishes today to grant itself more than one success. AlthoughEternals has known many controversies, winning in particular the worst score for a Marvel MCU movie on review aggregators, this is the movie that Kevin Feige would like to highlight the most although it will also present Black Widow and Shang Chi. Faced with the trio of Marvel films, and the limitless pretension of Disney, Kevin Feige will have to face Dune, No Way Home (proposed by Sony Pictures), James Bond: No Time to Die. here is list of categories at oscars 2022 for which Eternals is proposed :
- Best Picture: Kevin Feige, pga, Nate Moore, pga
- Best Director: Chloe Zhao
- Best Actress: Gemma Chan
- Best Actor: Richard Madden
- Best Supporting Actress: Lia McHugh, Lauren Ridloff, Salma Hayek, Angelina Jolie
- Best Supporting Actor: Kumail Nanjiani, Brian Tyree Henry, Barry Keoghan, Don Lee, Kit Harrington
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Chloé Zhao, Patrick Burleigh, Ryan Firpo, Kaz Firpo
- Best Cinematography: Ben Davis, BSC
- Best Production Design: Eve Stewart, Michael Standish
- Best Sound: Addison Teague, Daniel Laurie, Lora Hirschberg, Juan Peralta, Gareth John
- Best Film Editing: Craig Wood, ACE, Dylan Tichenor, ACE
- Best Costume Design: Sammy Sheldon Differ
- Best Makeup & Hairstyle: Frances Hannon, Karen Cohen
- Best Visual Effects: Stephane Ceretti, Matt Aitken, Daniele Bigi, Neil Corbould
- Best Original Score: Ramin Djawadi
We would like to give thanks to the author of this post for this remarkable material
Oscar 2022: Marvel Asks Academy Members to Consider ‘Eternals’, ‘Black Widow’ and ‘Shang-Chi’ for Best Picture