You know the classics. When a new season arrives in the NBA, that means we’re going to eat as many games as possible, live or on replay. And who says live or replay says questions, so your little homemade annual tutorial. So here is, for the 2022-23 season, the perfect guide to the NBA League Pass: with prices, subscriptions, options, questions and answers… and the possibility of enjoying it for free now for 7 days!
We told you about it during the 30 Previews in 30 Days, in particular with the Hoop Cities series.
Let’s not beat around the bush: the NBA League Pass is the favorite tool of your favorite media. To have analyzes full of hexpertise, and especially to follow the NBA on a daily basis with a full schedule to burst, you have to know how to land in good conditions to take advantage. This is where the LP comes in, and has done for years. You’ve known us for a while, it’s not the first time we’ve concocted this tutorial for you and it certainly won’t be the last. But what we don’t all know is that there are some who hesitate and want to have as many answers as possible to their questions. That’s good, here’s a classic parade in question-and-answer mode, to start the 2022-23 NBA season in golden slippers.
# WHAT IS THE NBA LEAGUE PASS ?
The NBA League Pass is the go-to platform for us NBA dingos. Basically, it’s the NBA’s official subscription service. A huge platform, which allows its users to access absolutely all matches, whether live or on demand, throughout the season. From October to June, without interruption.
In a generation where the need must be met in the blink of an eye, the NBA League Pass is a bit of a dream, on the phone or on the computer. You launch your app, and a few seconds later you’re in front of the game you wanted.
Whether on PC, smartphone or tablet, in your toilet, at work, under your duvet or on a plane, you can watch the NBA without asking yourself any questions. For geeks who want the complete and precise listing of the means of distribution, normally you can count on your web browser, on iOS, Android, Android TV, Apple TV, Xbox One and Xbox Series X, Roku, PlayStation 4 and 5, Chromecast , Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick, CarPlay and Apple Watch. It must be missing, but as the other would say, that’s a lot there, isn’t it?
# THERE IS ONLY ONE TYPE OF SUBSCRIPTION TO NBA LEAGUE PASSOR THERE ARE SEVERAL OPTIONS?
As with many subscription services in 2022, the NBA League Pass has options. And not just two.
Here are the details that we can give you, with a summary in our sauce:
- League Pass (€119.99 per season, or €17.99 per month): big price drop, this is the novelty signed by the NBA this fall. We fall back on old-fashioned prices, for classic, solid content, in short, the one we have been using for ages. All the matches are live and in HD, the archives are also in HD, there is the possibility of downloading the matches to watch them offline, and every night we find ourselves on it.
- League Pass Premium (€149.99 per season, or €23.99 per month): you take the basic offer above, and now you add a second device to it at once. So the possibility of watching, on the same account, different content to enjoy with friends. It’s a bit like the ultimate package, the gold card, because in addition to this very practical technical option, you’ll find archive content in HD quality. For the less fortunate who want to share an account for two, this is the maximum plan. Divide the bill into two, and use the NBA League Pass unlimited each on their device. Evenings as we like, at the top.
- Team Pass (€109.99 per season, or €16.99 per month): this option is for fans of a single franchise, so those who only want to follow the exploits of their favorite team. If you’re a Thunder fan, for example, and you didn’t like this year’s preview and all you’re interested in is seeing Chet Holmgren sitting on a bench in HD, with this pack you won’t have access than at Oklahoma City games. So basically, it’s the basic offer explained above, but dedicated to a single team.
- Game Pass (€5.99 per game): this is for people who want to take advantage of the NBA League Pass for only 1 game but no more. An evening with friends, a main event, you want to eat live, let’s go for a short and intense slot of NBA League Pass. We liked the option Day passwhich allowed some to enjoy the brothel for 24 hours, but apparently that no longer exists.
# THE NBA LEAGUE PASS ONLY CONCERNS REGULAR SEASON MATCHES?
No, a subscription does not only concern regular season games. There’s the Playoffs that are included, and other cuteness around it.
We have the opportunity to experience the All-Star Game and other All-Star Weekend events, the Summer League, the pre-season, player intros, trophy presentations, etc….
And with the new App launched by the NBA, there is exclusive content to be found there: like Hoop Cities, Gold Blooded the series on the Warriors, and exclusive access to training.
# WHAT ARE THE REAL DAILY BENEFITS OF NBA LEAGUE PASS ?
Let’s say everyone consumes the NBA differently so everyone has their own answer, but here’s a peek into our little habits at TrashTalk.
For evening and night regularswhen we find ourselves among enthusiasts around 1 a.m., the basic functionalities of the LP are still quite good.
We got used to it over time, but we still have to remember them for those who don’t have the tool in mind:
- Pause, then replay each game live
- Go back 10 seconds, or activate the mode slow motion to see all the match details
- Multi-screens: on computer, possibility to display up to 4 streams simultaneously
- Filter events, to see only one type of action or focus on a single player
- Money-time in another room? We switch from one match to another in one click
- On phone, the LP screen detaches and you can continue browsing your other applications
When it’s 5am, you’re dying in front of an Indiana – San Antonio, and you see on the scores that at the same time there’s 102-101 between the Nets and Boston with 2 minutes to go? Click on the meeting and immediately settle in Brooklyn to attend the money-time between KD and Jayson Tatum, it’s orgasmic. This is perhaps one of the biggest kifs of daily use, moving in HD from one game to another, as if we had a VIP seat in all NBA halls.
For regulars of the daywhen you have a normal pace of life and want to enjoy replays in perfect conditions, there are the same features of the player above, but the extra archives are a real headache:
- Condensed mode: review the matches of the previous day in 10 minutes flat, via a summary of the best actions
- No spoiler mode: to hide the scores and not be disappointed when you wake up
- All games are available on demand since the 2012 season
- All NBA Finals games from the past 20 years are available on demand
- NBA TV is available live, with expert analysis and exclusive documentaries
So to sum up, whatever his way of living the NBA, there is a real comfort of use which gives the feeling of being respected in his passion. For people like us on the team, who want to live the thing 2000%, every year it feels like we have the perfect tool to make that happen. And not all sports can offer this. So every year…well, it starts again.
# HOW TO ENJOY THE FREE NBA LEAGUE PASS FOR 7 DAYS?
So we know that many of you have scrolled here to please yourself, so we won’t judge you, it’s time to get some bites.
Throughout the year, for those who want to test, the NBA League Pass will be available free of charge in France for 7 days.
To take advantage of this, here is the procedure to follow:
- Create an account on the NBA League Pass
- Follow the steps one by one, with your favorite team, newsletter options, patati and patata
- Access subscription offers hereand choose the offer LEAGUE PASS clicking on TO BUY
- Enter your bank details, but pay close attention because that’s where it all comes down to
- Press on SEND
- Before the end of the 7-day trial period, unsubscribe and you will not be charged to your account
Important reminder, however: it is at the very beginning of the season that the prices of the NBA League Pass are the most advantageous, and you earn a few cents by paying at once rather than once a month for 12 months. You do what you want with this info, we only pass on the good tips.
# IN CONCLUSION ?
If you’re an NBA enthusiast, it’s hard to ask for a better platform to use every day.
If you want to split the costs together, a League Pass Premium lets everyone enjoy to the fullest on their own screen.
If you are at night there will be perfect conditions live, and if you are during the day there will be perfect conditions in replay.
If you want to test without being fooled, you can try the 7-day trial but don’t forget to unsubscribe at the buzzer.
We could talk to you about it for a while, especially because it’s a tool that has allowed us to learn more about our sport, the history of this game, and the little details that make the NBA so rich. Simple example, every time we meet with the members of the editorial staff in the evening, we know that we just have to launch our LP and it will be a successful night together. And that, honestly, is a big hit when you want to stuff yourself so much with matches and great moments live with the community.
Now, is it a flawless tool? No, there is of course maintenance here and there, and some bugs sometimes related to updates. In particular, we saw a lot of people express themselves on the recent innovations, whether on the mobile application or on the desktop version. But it’s so isolated from everyday life in HD that we frankly end up forgetting it. And it has become a work and passion tool fully integrated into our habits. So if you really want to stuff yourself, trying it is a bit like adopting it.
Hoping that this little homemade tutorial will be useful for some of you! The NBA is kicking off its new season and the nights will still be short for many of us. From this evening ? We will heat the NBA League Pass, as for a lease. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask us, we will prepare our best coffee for an 11th season of madness on TrashTalk. Let the party begin !
We wish to say thanks to the author of this short article for this incredible material
All about the new NBA League Pass: price, subscription, options