Because financial information is eaten like pastries, hot and at breakfast time, Anthony Bondain gets up at dawn to serve you the Morning Meeting every morning.
Every morning, the Zonebourse team compiles and summarizes key information concerning listed companies around the world, in order to have access to the main news at the start of the stock market day. The content includes a section on France and the other on the main international markets, in particular American companies and those from major European markets (UK, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain) and Asia-Pacific.
Important (and less important) announcements
- Publicis acquires Profitero, a SaaS platform dedicated to commerce and marketing.
- At Casino, Guillaume Seneclauze replaces Jean-Paul Mochet at the helm of Monoprix.
- BioMérieux obtains “de novo” clearance from the FDA for Biofire Joint Infection.
- Derichebourg makes a small acquisition in cleaning in France.
- Vallourec is partially relaunching the operation of its iron mine in Brazil.
- Icade buys a French hotel and five other assets for redevelopment purposes.
- Drone Volt delivers two Hercules 20 to the French Navy.
- Malta recommends non-approval of Amoeba’s “biocidal” active substance for European territory
- Boehringer Ingelheim and OSE Immuno announce the first patient treated in the Phase 1 expansion clinical trial of BI 765063.
- Broadpeak targets Euronext Growth.
- Neoen, Maisons du Monde, Lexibook, Herige, Hopscotch, Cast, Believe, Ucar have published their accounts.
In the world
- Advanced Micro Device: the results are well received with a gain of 6.8% for the title post-session.
- Airbnb: the title recovers 5.7% out of session after its results.
- Equinor: the group exceeded expectations in Q1, with adjusted net profit of $5.2 billion, against $4.85 billion expected.
- Fresenius Medical Care: quarterly figures are slightly lower than forecast.
- Geberit: results are higher than expected but massive cost increases have eroded the margin.
- Pandora: the jeweler’s sales in the first quarter exceeded estimates and sales forecasts were revised upwards.
- Siemens Healthineers: The group raises its outlook for 2022 due to demand for COVID-19 tests.
- Solvay: 2022 forecasts are raised after Q1 results.
- Starbucks: the title gained 5% off session after its quarterly results.
- Volkswagen: The manufacturer maintains its outlook for 2022 as the supply of chips should improve in the second half of the year.
Important announcements (and others)
- SAP mandates Moelis to find a buyer for its subsidiary Litmos.
- Apple has recruited an experienced Ford executive, Desi Ujkashevic, to work on its Apple Car electric vehicle project, according to Bloomberg.
- In the United States, AT&T is raising the prices of its packages to cope with rising costs.
- Musk says Twitter may charge a “small fee” for commercial and government users. He plans to re-list the company a few years after its takeover.
- Just Eat Takeaway faces a shareholder revolt at the AGO.
- Aston Martin appoints former Ferrari boss Amedeo Felisa as CEO.
- Meta Platforms, owner of Facebook, opens access to a large AI language model.
- The CEO of Fresenius Medical Care will step down at the end of 2022.
- Novartis obtains a third indication for Kymriah in Europe.
- Main results publications of the day: Costco, CVS Health, Equinor, Volkswagen, Booking, Enel, Regeneron, Siemens Healthineers, Fortinet, Electricité de France, Geberit, Solvay… The whole agenda here.
We would love to thank the writer of this write-up for this awesome material
DIRECT FROM THE MARKETS: EDF, Publicis, Casino, Neoen, Vallourec, SAP, Apple, Geberit, Aston Martin, AMD…