(Updated with index futures, Procter & Gamble, Abbott and Baker Hughes results, Anthem forecourt prices)
PARIS, April 20 (Reuters) – Top stocks to watch on Wednesday on Wall Street where major index futures suggest an open up around 0.1% for the Dow Jones .DJI and for the Standard & Poor’s 500
.SPX , while the Nasdaq .IXIC could start down 0.1%:
* NETFLIX NFLX.O announced on Tuesday evening that it lost 200,000 subscribers in the first quarter, the first in more than a decade, and said it expects this trend to increase in the second quarter. Piper Sandler and UBS lowered their recommendation to “neutral” on the stock, which plunged 25% in pre-market trading, dragging in its wake other companies linked to “streaming”, such as ROKU ROKU.O (-6.1 %), WALT DISNEY
DIS.N (-4.3%) and WARNER BROS DISCOVERY WBD.O (-4%).
* IBM IBM.N, which released better-than-expected quarterly results on Tuesday evening, now expects full-year revenue growth at the top of its original forecast range, despite a negative impact of $300 million (276 million euros) linked to the suspension of its activities in Russia. The action takes 1.6% before the market.
* PROCTER & GAMBLE PG.N took 2% ahead of the stock market after raising its annual sales forecast on Wednesday, as demand for everyday consumer goods remained strong despite a price hike.
* ABBOTT ABT.N on Wednesday published a profit up 36% for the first quarter, supported in particular by demand for its screening tests for the Omicron variant of the coronavirus.
* BAKER HUGHES BKR.O on Wednesday reported higher first-quarter profit from the same period a year ago as soaring commodity prices supported drilling activity and demand in services tankers.
* OMNICOM OMC.N – The advertising group advances by 4% ahead of the stock market thanks to better-than-expected results in the first quarter.
* ANTHEM ANTM.N – The health insurance group rose slightly ahead of the stock market after raising its adjusted profit forecast for the full year on Wednesday, thanks in particular to the solid results of its Medicaid division.
* TESLA TSLA.O is due to release first-quarter results after the New York Stock Exchange closes.
* TWITTER TWTR.N – Elon Musk tweeted the message “___is the night” on Tuesday after announcing a hostile $43 billion (39.7 billion euros) takeover bid on the social network last week . nL6N2WI06Y
* KKR KKR.N – A consortium led by KKR on Wednesday launched an unsolicited offer of nearly 15 billion dollars (13.8 billion euros) for the Australian health group Ramsay Health Care RHC.AX.
* AVIENT AVNT.N – The specialist polymer materials maker announced on Wednesday that it has reached an agreement with DSM
DSMN.AS to buy its protective materials division for $1.48 billion (€1.36 billion).
* UBER TECHNOLOGIES UBER.N, LYFT LYFT.O – The two specialists in ride-hailing services on Tuesday lifted the obligation to wear a mask for drivers and passengers in the United States.
* Shares of Chinese groups listed on Wall Street fell in forecourt after the surprise decision of the Chinese Central Bank to leave its main interest rates unchanged. ALIBABA BABA.N, JD.COM JD.O and PINDUODUO PDD.O lost 0.6% to 1%, TENCENT MUSIC TME.N and video platform IQIYI IQ.O each dropped around 2% and groups automobiles LI AUTO LI.O , NIO NIO.N and XPENG
XPEV.N ebbs from 1% to 2%.
* ALPHABET GOOGL.O – YouTube, owned by Alphabet, announced on Wednesday that it has blocked the account of John Lee, Beijing’s candidate to become Hong Kong’s next chief executive in May, under US sanctions. next. In addition, Citigroup raised its recommendation to “buy” against “neutral” on Alphabet.
* META PLATFORMS FB.O – Citigroup raises its recommendation to “buy” against “neutral”.
* SNAP SNAP.N – Citigroup raises its recommendation to “buy” from “neutral”.
* AIRBNB ABNB.O – Citigroup raises its recommendation to “buy” against “neutral”.
* BOOKING HOLDINGS BKNG.O – Citigroup raises its recommendation to “buy” against “neutral”.
(Written by Claude Chendjou, edited by Marc Angrand and Jean-Michel Bélot)
((For the schedule of results, double-click on RESF/US For the changes of recommendations, click on RCH/US ))
We would like to say thanks to the writer of this short article for this amazing web content
USA-Values to follow on Wall Street (updated)