fito paez He lived a great night this Thursday. It was at the ceremony of the grammy Latinos 2022which was held in Las Vegas, where he took the three prizes for which he had been nominated: Best Pop Rock Albumfor The wild years; best rock song, for The best of our lives Y Best Pop/Rock Song for Babel —theme that he recorded with Carlos Vives—. The top winner of the evening was Jorge Drexlerwho rose with seven Grammysamong them song of the year Y Record of the yearfor Touch you.
rosalia was the winner of Album of the year, for Motomami, while Bad Bunnywho was the candidate to be the king of the ceremony was dethroned by Drexler. The “Bad bunny”, who was not present in Las Vegas, took five statuettes.
The great night of Fito Páez
Fito, which this year sold out 8 performances at the Movistar Arena to celebrate the thirty years of his album El amor después del amorthe best seller in the history of national rock, won the three Graamy for which he had been nominated: Best Pop Rock Albumfor The wild years; best rock song, for The best of our lives Y Best Pop/Rock Song for Babel —theme that he recorded with Carlos Vives—.
“We in Argentina come from a very high tradition of popular music created in the 20th century,” said the man from Rosario upon receiving the award for his album. And the dedicated “to Argentine popular music and Latin American popular music”.
2022 is a great year for Fito Páez, who after breaking it with his tour for the 30th anniversary of The love after Love and to take three Latin Grammys, was recently General Grammy nominee for the wild years.
Latin Grammy 2022: one by one, all the winners
- Album of the year: Motomami, rosalia.
- Song of the year: “Touch you”, George Drexler.
- Record of the year: “Touch you”, Jorge Drexler and C. Tangana
- Best Pop Vocal Album: Dharma, Sebastian Yatra.
- Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: Aerie, Christina Aguilera
- Best Contemporary Tropical Album: Cumbiana II, Carlos Vives
- Best Urban Music Album: A summer without you Bad Bunny.
- Best New Artist: Angela Álvarez and Silvana Estrada.
- Best Salsa Album: Here I go, Mark Anthony
- Best song: “The guerrilla of harmony” George Drexler, and “Red heels”, Sebastian Yatra
- Best Rap/Hip Hop Song: “Museum” Bad Bunny.
- Best Alternative Song (Composers Award): “The day you premiered the world”, Jorge Drexler and Rafa Arcaute.
- mBest Pop/Rock Song: “Babel”, Fito Paez and Carlos Vives
- Best Rock Song: “The best of our lives” Fito Paez.
- Best Urban Song: “Titi asked me”, Bad Bunny.
- Best Song in Portuguese Language: “Sardinian wind”, Jorge Drexler & Marisa Monte.
- Producer of the Year: Julio Reyes Copello.
- Best Long Form Music Video: “Hasta la raíz”, Natalia Lafourcade, Bruno Bancalari & Juan Pablo López-Fonseca,
- Best Short Form Music Video: “This is not America”, Residente/Ibeyi/Lisa-Kaindé Diaz & Naomi Diaz Greg Ohrel.
- Best Engineering Recording for an Album: Motomami (Rosalía/ Chris Gehringer, engineers; Jeremie Inhaber, Manny Marroquin)
- Best Reggaeton Performance: “I’m sorry baby:”, Tainy, Bad Bunny & Julieta Venegas
- Best Fusion / Urban Interpretation: “Tití asked me”, Bad Bunny.
- Best Latin Jazz/Jazz Album: “Mirror”, Eliane Elias, Chick Corea, Chucho Valdés.
- Best Tango Album: Horace Salgan piano transcriptions, Pablo Estigarribia
- Best arrangement: “The master plan”, Jorge Drexler/ Fernando Velázquez
- Best Songwriter Album: Ink and time, Jorge Drexler
- Best Alternative Music Album: Motomami, Rosalia.
- Best Rock Album: A weird vacation He Killed A Motorized Policeman
- Best Pop/Rock Album: The Wild Years, Fito Paez.
I kept reading:
We wish to say thanks to the author of this short article for this remarkable material
Latin Grammy 2022: Fito Páez, Jorge Drexler, Rosalía, Bad Bunny and all the winners | The rosarino took three prizes