Ricky Martin celebrates his 51st birthday between successes and challenges

The “Boricua star”, Enrique Martín Morales, better known as Ricky Martin, adds today -December 24- one more year of life. Over the past 12 months, perhaps the most challenging and, at the same time, the most successful of his career, the 51-year-old singer-songwriter has lived experiences that make him feel “lucky”, “grateful” and “ready to more”, as he has stated in the most recent publications in his social media.

To celebrate the life of the winner of two grammyfive Latin Grammythree bill boardeight Billboard Latin Music Awardseight MTV’seight World Music Awards and two American Music Awardswe have prepared a summary of the most transcendental events during the year that he leaves behind today.

In January, the global artist returned to the music scene with a beautiful track titled “Another Night in LA.” The song transported his fans to the nostalgia and melancholy that can be felt for a person, place or memory, with an intimate, subtle and honest performance that incorporates chanteo into his unmistakable musical style.

Who began his career in the 1980s, in February, did not remain silent in the face of the situation in the country and used his platforms to join the claim of teachers and public employees from Puerto Rico who were looking for better salaries and a dignified retirement.

Under the hashtags #PuertoRico and #JusticiaSalarial, he published a black and white video in which he addressed not only Puerto Ricans and their struggle, but also directly the governor of Puerto Rico, Pedro Pierluisi.

“Puerto Rico, teachers, firefighters, police officers, public servants: wage justice is a human right. Keep going, you are not alone. Mr. Governor, do not take these claims lightly. We already know how far a humiliated and oppressed country can go, ”said the artist, who on previous occasions has been very vocal in the face of the problems suffered by his compatriots. He was even one of the public figures who said he was present in the so-called “Summer of 19”.

In mid-March, authorities in a state in the center of Mexicothey canceled a concert by the Puerto Rican exponent Alleging that the security requirements were not met. Two weeks earlier, there were violent incidents during a game of football which left dozens of injured.

The suspension of the “show” occurred a few hours before the show began at the Club Hípico Juriquilla in Querétaro, where thousands of followers of the artist attended, who left upset after the sudden cancellation.

Meanwhile, in April, the United States Library of Congress added the song “Livin’ la vida loca” to its National Recording Registry as a treasure worthy of preservation. The theme – from 1999 and written by Desmond Child and the Puerto Rican drake rose-, is one of 25 recordings that are part of the class of 2022 that are integrated into the main recording patrimony of the US Library of Congress.

The singer announced in May that he would participate in a series of AppleTV+ titled “Mrs. American Pie”, in the main male role.

It was in June, when a former manager filed a lawsuit against him in which he alleged that he had been defrauded by the artist out of about $3 million for an alleged breach of contract.

Rebecca Drucker filed the lawsuit in the Central District Court of The Angels and alleged that Martín Morales “completely and maliciously refused to pay him the millions of dollars in commissions that he owes him” under his contract.

The legal troubles continued into June. That month, Judge Raiza Cajigas Campbell, of the San Juan Court, issued an order against Ricky Martin after a person, then unidentified, filed a complaint through Law 54 of Domestic Violenceinformed the Press Office of the Hato Rey Command of the Police Bureau.

The singer’s legal team, for its part, classified the allegations as false. In brief written expressions, the production maintained that “the allegations against Ricky Martin, which lead to a protection order, are completely false.”

“We are confident that when the true facts come to light in this matter, our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated,” said the artist’s legal team.

On July 19, one day before the Court of First Instance of San Juan heard the Puerto Rican for the first time, in the hearing of the protection order against him by Law 54 of Prevention and Intervention with Domestic Violence, Dennis Sánchez Martin, his nephew, sued after allegedly receiving threatening calls from international telephone numbers.

Then, on July 21, Sánchez Martin gave up continuing with the process. Given this, the San Juan Court archived the case against the Puerto Rican singer, after a judicial hearing that was held by videoconference, confirmed to The new day Joaquín Monserrate Matienzo, one of Martin Morales’ lawyers. He was also represented by Harry Mansanet.

Between record releases, concerts and filming, in August, the also actor celebrated the 14th birthday of his twin sons Valentino and Matteo.

That same month, the artist returned to the top of the popularity charts with the ballad “A veces bien y veces mal”, a collaboration with the Mexican pop group Reikwhich occupied the number one position on Billboard’s “Latin Airplay” and “Latin Pop Airplay”.

After a few turbulent months, in September, the singer filed a lawsuit before the Court of First Instance of San Juan against his nephew. Weeks later, another complaint for sexual assault was filed against the interpreter of “La copa de la vida” in a barracks in Río Piedras.

Judge Maranyeli Colón Requejo, of the San Juan Court, did not grant the protection order that her nephew requested against Ricky Martin under a mechanism under Law 54 (Law for the Prevention and Intervention with Domestic Violence) for victims of sexual assault.

What did happen was that Judge Glenn Velázquez Morales of the San Juan Court of First Instance extended the protection order requested by the singer against his nephew for a period of one year.

During the month of November, the Puerto Rican made the Buenos Aires fans vibrate again in a series of three concerts of his new stage proposal “Ricky Martín Sinfónico”.

Last Friday, December 9, finally, the legal representation of Sánchez Martin presented before the Court of First Instance of San Juan, a motion to dismiss the lawsuit filed by Ricky Martin in which he accuses his nephew of extortion, malicious persecution , abuse of rights, damages.

We would like to say thanks to the writer of this write-up for this outstanding material

Ricky Martin celebrates his 51st birthday between successes and challenges