The awards MTV Video Music Awards 2022 They take place this Sunday, August 28, and BTS is the k-pop group with the most nominations. The Korean boy band formed by RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook competes another year for the award for best group. In which categories of the VMAs were they selected? Can you still vote for Bangtan?
Although this year bts will not perform at the main show, ARMY could receive a thank you video message as has happened in previous editions. Next, we list all the prizes that the boyband of South Korea.
BTS Nominations at the 2022 MTV VMAs
bts or its members appear in six Video Music Awards 2022 categories from MTV. The list was released in July, except for the segment in which Jungkook is listed as a nominee with “Left & Right”.
Best Choreography, for “Permission to dance”
This is a technical category and the winner will be determined by the award panel of experts. This is the complete list of nominees for best choreography:
- Doja Cat for “Woman”
- FKA twigs ft The Weeknd for “Tears in the club”
- Harry Styles for “As it was”
- Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow for “Industry Baby”
- Normani ft Cardi B for “Wild Side”
- BTS for “Permission to dance”.
Best Presentation in the Metaverse, for the performance in Minecraft
Musical animations in collaboration with famous video games receive recognition in this category. Famous pop artists have given shows in the virtual universe of Fortnite, PUBG Mobile, Minecraft, Wave or Roblox. BTS’s nomination selects a performance of “Butter” that was prepared for YouTube’s ESCAPE2021.
- Rift Tour ft. Ariana Grande in Fortnite
- BLACKPINK The Virtual on PUBG Mobile
- bts in minecraft
- Charli XCX on Roblox
- Justin Bieber in Wave
- Twenty One Pilots on Roblox.
Best K-Pop Video, for “Yet to Come”
BTS has won this category three years in a row. Will they repeat the award this 2022? The MV that represents them is “Yet to come (The most beautiful moment)” and competes with other flashy music videos that caused a sensation in k-pop:
- ITZY for “CRAZY”
- BLACKPINK’s LISA for “LALISA”
- BTS for “Yet to eat (The most beautiful moment)”
- SEVENTEEN for “Hot”
- STRAY KIDS for “MANIAC”
- TWICE for “The Feels”.
Best Visual Effects, for “My Universe” (with Coldplay)
The BTS and Coldplay collaboration not only brought together bands of different musical styles; but also from different places. The MV was made possible by hologram technology and volumetric video.
- Billie Eilish for “Happier Than Ever”
- Coldplay X BTS for “My Universe”
- Kendrick Lamar for “The heart part 5”
- Lil Nas X, Jack Harlow for “INDUSTRY BABY”
- Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa for “Sweetest Pie”
- The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber for “STAY”.
group of the year
bts he was the winner of this category from 2019 to 2021. If he achieves victory in this edition, he will have taken the prize for four years in a row.
In 2022, the VMAs selected eight musical groups that were “eliminated” through duels. The great finalists of this edition are BTS and BLACKPINK.
Best Song of the Summer (for Jungkook), for “Left and right” (with Charlie Puth)
Jungkook, the maknae of BTS, is nominated in one more category for his collaboration with Charlie Puth. “Left and right” is competing for song of the summer against 15 other viral tracks.
In 2020, the title went to BLACKPINK and “How you like that”; while the following year BTS’s “Butter” was awarded.
Song of the Summer Nominees:
- “I behave pretty” by Bad Bunny and Chencho Corleone
- “Break My Soul” by Beyonce
- “Left and Right” by Charlie Puth ft. BTS Jungkook
- “Vegas” by Doja Cat
- “Wait for u” by Future ft. Drake Themes
- “Late Night Talking” by Harry Styles
- “First Class” by Jack Harlow
- “Grand” by Kane Brown
- “Big energy” by Latto x Mariah Carey ft. DJ Khaled
- “About damn time” by Lizzo
- “Numb” by Marshmello x Khalid
- “Super freaky girl” by Nicki Minaj
- “Sunroof” by Nicky Youre, dazy
- “I like you (a happier song)” by Post Malone with Doja Cat
- “Bizcochito” by Rosalia
- “Bad Habit” by Steve Lacy
Can you still vote for BTS at MTV VMAs 2022?
All the categories open to public vote in which BTS competes have already been closed, so it is only a matter of the MTV VMAs 2022 arriving to find out the results.
How many times has BTS been nominated at the MTV VMAs?
including group mentions This year, BTS has been nominated 21 times at the MTV VMAs since they first entered the awards in 2019.
Where to see the results of BTS in MTV VMAs 2022?
The MTV channel will broadcast the central ceremony of the 2022 Video Music Awards, while the red carpet will arrive for free on YouTube. Also, the streaming site Pluto TV will be added as a completely free and legal streaming platform.
-More from BTS-
Countdown to Jungkook’s birthday
The youngest member of BTS will be celebrating his birthday soon. Jungkook, the ‘Golden Maknae’, was born on September 1, 1997.
A new project in the hands of the Bangtan Boys. In August, BIGHIT began revealing the photobooks that each BTS member will star in. From the Weverse shop preview, eight books were seen, so it can be deduced that there would also be a group photobook.
So far, the concept of Jungkook’s photobook (‘Time difference’) and Namjoon’s (”Entirety”) is known.
We would like to give thanks to the writer of this post for this outstanding web content
BTS at the MTV VMAs 2022: all Bangtan nominations and what awards they could receive