In addition to its flavor and aroma, peach is rich in many essential nutrients for a healthy life, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. I discovered its benefits.
The peach is one of the most powerful and delicious fruits that exists, which is why it is used as the main ingredient in various desserts. And it is that its properties help prevent diseases, combat fluid retention and control blood pressure.
This fruit is native to China, where it is considered a symbol of longevity and immortality by Taoist philosophy, it has a scientific name prunus persica and is yellow or pinkish in color. Its pulp is juicy and inside it has an almond-shaped seed.
Among its properties, vitamins A, B1, B2, E, K and C stand out, as well as minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, lutein, calcium, magnesium, thiamine, bioflavonoids, niacin or selenium, antioxidants that help stimulate the immune system and take care of health.
It also has beta-carotene, a pigment that intensifies tanning, protects the skin and increases the hydration level of the dermis. It even provides a varied amount of acids: pantothenic, malic and citric that make the nervous and digestive systems work well, activate the body’s energy and regenerate the skin and nails.
Five benefits you should know
1. Promotes skin health. Peach has large amounts of vitamin A and C, two key nutrients to maintain good skin health. On the one hand, vitamin C acts as a powerful antioxidant that helps fight free radicals and, on the other, vitamin A keeps the skin moisturized.
2. Prevents diseases. They can reduce the risk of heart disease, eliminating free radicals that could be the cause of such heart attacks or cardiac arrests. In addition, its phenolic properties are used to combat the oxidation process and increase good cholesterol levels. When ripe, the fruit has high concentrations of beta-carotene that helps improve blood circulation in the body.
3. Protects against anemia. People who suffer from iron deficiency in their body could take advantage of the benefits of this fruit. Peach increases the production of hemoglobin in the bloodstream, fighting fatigue and the feeling of weakness caused by anemia.
4. Contributes to weight loss. Being excellent sources of vitamin C and having very little caloric content, peaches are a great option to replace sugary snacks. The peach can be incorporated into oatmeal, yogurt, salad and other preparations.
4. Improves vision. The beta-carotene in this fruit helps protect the retina from free radical damage and reduces the risk of macular degeneration. In addition, carotenoids protect the eyes against other diseases, such as night blindness or cataracts.
5. Strengthens dental health. As it is rich in fluoride, a vital component for healthy bones and teeth, especially when it comes to preventing cavities. And it is that the peach contains healthy natural sugars as an alternative to replace sugary drinks.
We want to thank the author of this write-up for this incredible content
La Nación / What are the benefits of peach for health?