When it comes to helping you meet your daily nutritional requirements, eggs are pretty hard to beat because they provide valuable health benefits.
Eggs are an original superfood from Mother Nature and have been a part of our diets since the dawn of time. Several scientific studies have shown their nutritional wonders and the benefits they bring to health, since they are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals.
In addition, they provide a valuable source of quality protein that can be found in the white, while the yolk contains vital healthy fats, such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, all of which make a valuable contribution to our body’s needs.
This superfood also contains useful amounts of vitamins A, E, B5, B12, as well as iron, iodine and phosphorous, considered vital nutrients to support a healthy and balanced diet.
Because protein is the building block of life, the powerful advantage of eggs is that they contain nine amino acids in sufficient amounts to support effective muscle growth, recovery, and maintenance. And your omega-3s are a family of “essential fats” that play important roles in how cell membranes work, from heart and brain health to eye protection.
While some other foods contain proportionately more properties than eggs, their high quality and bioavailability is truly second to none, according to science. Furthermore, they highlight that a balanced diet can go a long way in supporting stress reduction and better mental health practices, both by reducing the impact of symptoms and by optimizing higher performance.
And when it comes to the benefits of eggs, the combination of vitamin B2, B12, choline, iron, and tryptophan are all associated with helping reduce the risk of anxiety, symptoms of depression, and aiding natural sleep.
Benefits that eggs bring us
1. They improve the levels of “good” cholesterol. Eggs help increase levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or “good” cholesterol, as it’s commonly known, and this is one of the reasons they’ve been found to prevent heart disease.
2. They provide a great source of vitamin D. Egg yolks are one of the few foods that naturally contain vitamin D, making them essential for maintaining healthy bones and teeth. Plus, they help promote healthy muscle function and immune system maintenance.
3. They help control weight. Relatively low in calories and a rich source of quality protein, eggs are one of the best food choices to help with weight management. The high satiety levels of eggs lead to a greater sense of satisfaction, less hunger, and a decreased desire to eat every few minutes.
4. They are beneficial for the eyes. They contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin E, and selenium, which act as important antioxidants to support eye health, retinal function, and help counteract degenerative vision as you age.
5. They contribute to healthy aging. They are an accessible, inexpensive and easily digestible source of excellent quality protein and essential vitamins and minerals. They are also easy to prepare and are a simple means of increasing nutrient intake for seniors, which in turn helps reduce the risk of a wide range of deficiencies and conditions.
We would love to give thanks to the author of this article for this remarkable web content
La Nación / Why is the egg a great ally of health?