• These are the works “The invention of science in America”, “Anatomy of reality” and “Colombia backwards”.
• The ITM Editorial Fund will arrive loaded with surprises, such as the participation of the students of the Juanfe Foundation and its founder Catalina Escobar, who will be honored in the new edition “From the Library”.
• Carabobo Norte will once again receive the University Hall after three years and the ITM Editorial Fund will be at stand 08.
After three years, the 16th Medellin Book and Culture Festival will once again have the University Hall on Paseo Carabobo Norte, where the ITM Editorial Fund will be at stand 08 and will be linked to the more than 3,000 activities that will take part of the programming, with the participation of the students of the Juanfe Foundation and its founder Catalina Escobar, who will be honored in the new edition “From the Library”.
In addition, in this edition of the festival, which will take place between September 9 and 18, we will launch three new books; there, attendees will be able to listen to each of the authors, learn about their writing process and the stories behind each title.
“For the ITM Editorial Fund, participating in book fairs and, especially, in the Medellin Book and Culture Festival is an excellent opportunity, understanding that university publishers do not always have spaces to exhibit and publicize our publications in bookstores. commercial; so this is our natural showcase, the same one that allows us to meet colleagues, authors and achieve a direct approach with lovers of reading, as well as an extension of literature through our wide offer”, explained Juliana Cardona Quiros , Director of the Department of Library and Cultural Extension of the ITM.
Time to imagine with the ITM
Science in America, an in-depth analysis of reality through images and a chronicle of 20th-century politics in our country are the themes of the three releases that our ITM Editorial Fund will have.
• On Sunday, September 11, in the Aurita López room of the Botanical Garden, at 11:30 am, we will launch the book “Colombia backwards.”, by the journalist and historian Néstor Armando Álzate Arango.
• On Thursday, September 15, in the Patio de las Azaleas auditorium of the Botanical Garden, at 5:00 pm, we will present the book “Anatomía de lo real”, by our teacher-researcher and Doctor of Philosophy, Juan Diego Parra Valencia, and the Doctor in Communication Sciences, Josep María Català.
• On Friday, September 16, in the Patio de las Azaleas auditorium of the Botanical Garden, at 8:00 pm, it will be the opportunity for “The invention of science in America”, by our teacher-researcher and Doctor of Human and Social Sciences. Jorge Manuel Escobar Ortiz.
The ITM Editorial Fund will offer more than 400 books of all literary genres, which can be purchased with discounts of 15, 35 and up to 50 percent.
During the 2021 Book and Culture Festival, the Editorial Fund sold 432 books, raising $6,224,050, a figure that we hope to exceed in this new version where we return to the pre-specialty in all its splendor.
Sixteenth version of the Fiesta
The Book and Culture Festival returns to North Carabobo, where the main theme will focus on the “Time to imagine”, with Portugal as the guest country, and will pay tribute to the Portuguese writer and Nobel Prize for Literature José Saramago to celebrate the 100 years of his birth. The programming will also be extended to other places in the city, such as Parque Explora, Parque de los Deseos, Casa de la Música, MOVA and the University of Antioquia. There will be 160 exhibitors who will participate in this edition.
We would like to thank the writer of this article for this incredible content
The ITM Editorial Fund will launch three books at the 16th Medellin Book and Culture Festival » Al Poniente