The 75th edition of the Cannes Film Festival is fast approaching! In a few days, the biggest movie stars will parade on the famous red carpet. Programming, jury, personalities present… We summarize everything for you.
The Cannes Film Festival will soon open its doors! After an edition subject to health restrictions last July, the event returns from May 17 to 28. Pierre Niney, Virginie Efira, Marion Cotillard, Jean Dujardin… For eleven days, the Croisette will welcome actors from all over the world, but also essential directors.
This year it is Vincent Lindon who will be the president and who will therefore have to choose, with his jury, the Palme d’or. Awarded with the interpretation prize in 2015 and as an actor in the film Titaniumthe latter succeeds the American filmmaker Spike Lee.
Read also: Canal+ drops the Cannes Film Festival!
To carry out his mission, he will be supported by eight people. We will find four women including the Anglo-American actress and director Rebecca Hall (discovered in Vicky Christina Barcelona), Indian actress and producer Deepika Padukonethe Italian actress and director Jasmine Trincaand Swedish actress Noomi Rapace.
The producers Asghar Farhadi and Joachim Trier will also be part of this team. As well as the American screenwriter Jeff Nicholsand the French producer, Ladj Ly.
Valeria Golino will chair the jury for the category In some perspective. She will be surrounded by Debra Granik, Jenna Kulig, Benjamin Biolay and D’Edgar Ramirez.
The Spanish Rossy de Palma will take care of the golden camera. This competition will reward a film among all the first feature films presented in the official selection and in the parallel sections.
Virginie Efira will be the mistress of ceremonies.
The official selection
For this 75th edition, twenty-one films are in competition for the Palme d’Or. Here they are :
- holy spider by Ali Abbasi
- The Almond Trees by Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi
- The crimes of the future by David Cronenberg
- Tori and Lokita by Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne
- Stars at noon by Claire Denis
- Brother and sister by Arnaud Desplechin
- Close by Lukas Dhont
- Armageddon Time by James Gray
- broker by Hirokazu Kore-Eda
- Nostalgia by Mario Martone
- nmr by Cristian Mungiu
- The triangle of sadness by Ruben Ostlund
- Decision to leave by Park Chan-Wook
- Showing-up by Kelly Reichardt
- Leila’s brothers by Saeed Roustaee
- Boy from Heaven by Tarik Saleh
- Tchaikovsky’s wife by Kirill Serebrennikov
- Eo by Jerzy Skolimowski
- The Otto Mountain by Charlotte Vandermeersch, Felix Van Groeningen
- A little brother by Leonor Serraille
- Torment on the Islands by Albert Serra
In Out of competitionwe will find:
- Top Gun 2: Maverick by Joseph Kosinsky
- Elvis by Baz Luhrmann
- November by Cedric Jimenez
- Three thousand years of longing (Three thousand years waiting for you) by George Miller
- Masquerade by Nicolas Bedos
- the innocent by Louis Garrel
The section In some perspective will present twenty films to be decided, including nine directed by women:
- The worst by Lise Akoka and Romane Guéret
- Kurak Gunler (Burning Days) by Emin Alper
- More than ever by Emily Atef
- metronom by Alexandru Belc
- Return to Seoul by Davy Chou
- Sick of Myself by Kristoffer Borgli
- Domingo y la Niebla (Domingo and the mist) by Ariel Escalante Meza
- Map 75 by Hayakawa Chie
- war pony by Riley Keough and Gina Gammell
- Bodice by Marie Kreutzer
- Bachennya Metelyka by Maksim Nakonechnkyi
- Vanskabte Land / Volada Land by Hlynur Palmason
- Rodeo by Lola Quivoron
- joyland by Saim Sadiq
- The Stranger by Thomas M. Wright
- The Silent Twins by Agnieszka Smoczynska
- Mediterranean Fever by Maha Haj
- The Blue of the Caftan by Maryam Touzani
- Harka by Lotfy Nathan
- Skirmishers by Mathieu Vadepied (opening film)
The categories Cannes Premiere, Midnight sessionsand Special Sessions are also scheduled.
May 17 to 28
For more information, you can visit the site of the event
We would love to thank the writer of this write-up for this amazing material
Cannes Film Festival 2022: everything you need to know about this new edition