CANNES 2022. The stars continue to parade on the red carpet. Relive the best moments of the Cannes Film Festival and discover the program of the day. Photos and live.
- Cannes Film Festival, day 4! This fourth day on the Croisette highlights the films in the 2022 official selection, with the screening of Three thousand years waiting for you by George Miller, presented out of competition.
- Which stars on the Cannes Film Festival red carpet this May 20, 2022 ? The climb of the stairs at 6 p.m. is dedicated to the film Three thousand years waiting for you. Director George Miller should be present on the red carpet alongside the film crew, Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton in the lead. In the competition Un certain regard, The Stranger by Thomas M. Wright is screened at 5 p.m. We can expect to meet actors Joel Edgerton and Sean Harris. During the day, festival-goers will also be able to see Vicky Krieps and Colin Morgan (Bodice) or the actor of Squid Game Lee Jung-jae (Hunt).
- A look back at the highlights of the Cannes Film Festival 2022. The competition opened with the opening ceremony hosted by Virginie Efira, in the presence of Vincent Delerm, Forrest Whitaker, and the surprise appearance of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. The second day was dedicated to Top Gun and Tom Cruise, the actor having received an honorary palme d’or. The next day, we could see Anne Hathaway or Julia Roberts on the red carpet ofArmageddon Time by James Gray, presented in official competition. Find the photos of the red carpet but also the latest information on the Cannes Film Festival 2022 below.
09:46 – Which stars walked the red carpet yesterday?
A myriad of stars paraded down the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival last night, for the screening of Armageddon Time by James Grey. Julia Roberts notably climbed the steps, as did Anne Hathaway, who came to present the film in official competition. Sylvie Tellier also made a remarkable appearance, as did Alessandra Ambrosio or Thomas Pesquet. Click here to relive the different red carpets of the festival in pictures.
09:22 – The fourth day of the Cannes Film Festival has begun!
No respite for the festival-goers present on the Croisette! The Cannes Film Festival begins its fourth day this Friday, May 20, 2022. On the program of the day, we continue the screening of films in competition or not. As such, the event of the day is undoubtedly the presentation, out of competition, of the latest film by George Miller Three thousand years waiting for you.
The Cannes Film Festival lifted the veil on its official selection on April 14, 2022. Cut! by Michel Hazanavicius was chosen as the opening film. Among the feature films that will be screened on the Croisette this year, let’s mention Top Gun 2 with a tribute to Tom Cruise, but also Elvis by Baz Luhrmann, both presented out of competition. Several recognized filmmakers will try to win the Palme d’Or, such as David Cronenberg, the Dardenne brothers, Claire Denis, Arnaud Desplechin or even James Gray and Park Chan-Wook.
Films in competition :
- holy spider by Ali Abbasi
- The Almond Trees by Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi
- The crimes of the future by David Cronenberg
- Tori and Lokita by Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne
- Stars at noon by Claire Denis
- Brother and sister by Arnaud Desplechin
- Close by Lukas Dhont
- Armageddon Time by James Gray
- broker by Hirokazu Kore-Eda
- Nostalgia by Mario Martone
- nmr by Cristian Mungiu
- The triangle of sadness by Ruben Ostlund
- Decision to leave by Park Chan-Wook
- Showing-up by Kelly Reichardt
- Leila’s brothers by Saeed Roustaee
- Boy from Heaven by Tarik Saleh
- Tchaikovsky’s wife by Kirill Serebrennikov
- Eo by Jerzy Skolimowski
- The Otto Mountain by Charlotte Vandermeersch, Felix Van Groeningen
- A little brother by Leonor Serraille
- Torment on the Islands by Albert Serra
Films presented out of competition:
- Top Gun 2: Maverick by Joseph Kosinsky
- Elvis by Baz Luhrmann
- November by Cedric Jimenez
- Three thousand years of longing (Three thousand years waiting for you) by George Miller
- Masquerade by Nicolas Bedos
- the innocent by Louis Garrel
Films presented in the Un certain regard selection:
- The worst by Lisa Akoka and Romane Gueret
- metronom by Alexandru Belc
- Back to Seoul by Davy Chou
- Sick of myself by Kristoffer Borgli
- Domingo y la niebla (Domingo and the Mist) by Ariel Escalante Meza
- Map 75 by Chie Hayakawa
- Beast by Riley Keough and Gina Gammell
- Bodice by Marie Kreutzer
- butterfly vision by Maksim Nakonechnyi
- Godland from Hlynur Palmason
- Rodeo by Lola Quivoron
- joyland by Saim Sadiq
- The Stranger by Thomas Wright
- Silent Twins by Agnieszka Smocynska
- More than ever by Emily Atef
- Mediterranean Fever by Maha Haj
- The blue of the Caftan by Maryam Touzani
- Harka by Lotfy Nathan
Cannes Premiere selection:
- Our brothers by Rachid Bouchareb
- Esterno Notte (Nightfall) by Marco Bellocchio
- Dodo by Panos H. Koutras
- Irma Vep by Olivier Assayas
- Don Juan by Serge Bozon
- The night of 12 by Dominik Moll
- Chronicle of a temporary liaison by Emmanuel Mouret
Cannes Film Festival 2022 Special Screenings and Midnight Screenings
- All that breathes by Shaunak Sen
- The Natural History of destruction by Sergei Loznitsa
- Jerry Lee Lewis: Trouble in Mind by Ethan Coen
- mi pais imaginario by Patricio Guzmán Chile
- The wanderers by Doroteya Drumeva
- Women’s response by Marie Perennes, Simon Depardon
- Restaurants in Vento by Tiago Guedes
- Little Nicolas: what are we waiting for to be happy? by Amandine Fredon, Benjamin Massoubre France
- Hunt by Lee Jung-Jae (midnight session)
- Moonage Daydream by Brett Morgen (midnight session)
- Smoking makes you cough by Quentin Dupieux (midnight screening)
- rebel by Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah (midnight screening)
On April 26, 2022, the Cannes Film Festival lifted the veil on the 2022 jury. It is chaired by French actor Vincent Lindon and made up of Rebecca Hall, Deepika Padukone, Noomi Rapace, Jasmine Trinca, Asghar Farhadi, Ladj Ly , Jeff Nichols and finally Joachim Trier. They have the heavy task of judging the films in competition and awarding the various prizes at the Cannes Film Festival this year, including the prestigious Palme d’Or. As for the jury of the Un Certain regard competition, it is chaired by Valeria Golino and composed of Debra Granik, Joanna Kulig, Benjamin Biolay and finally Edgar Ramirez.
We don’t yet know which film will win the Palme d’Or for this 2022 edition. The last supreme award granted by the Cannes Film Festival last year is Titanium by French director and screenwriter Julia Ducournau. It was the first time that a woman won, alone, a Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival. Jane Campion had previously won the ultimate award for The piano lesson tied with Chen Kaige, who had directed Adieu ma concubine.
- Palme d’Or : Titanium by the Frenchwoman Julia Ducournau
- Grand Jury Prize: A hero Iranian Asghar Farhadi and Compartment No. 6 by Finn Juho Kuosmanen
- Jury Prize: Ha’berech (Ahed’s Knee), in French) by the Israeli Nadav Lapid and Memoria by Thai Apichatpong Weerasethakul
- Best Actor Award: American Caleb Landry Jones, for his role in Nitram from the Australian by Justin Kurzel
- Staging price: Frenchman Leos Carax, for the film Annette
- Script price: Ryūsuke Hamaguchi and Takamasa Oe, for Drive my Car by Ryusuke Hamaguchi
- Best Actress Award: Norwegian Renate Reinsve, for her role in Verdens verste menneske (Julie (in 12 chapters)in French) by Joachim Trier
- Golden Camera Award: Murina by Antoneta Alamat Kusijanovic
- Short Film Palme d’Or: tian xia wu ya (All the crows in the world, in French) by Tang Yi. Note that the jury awarded a special mention to Ceu de Agosto (August Skyin French) by Jasmin Tenucci.
We would like to say thanks to the author of this article for this incredible material
Cannes Film Festival: Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway… The stars ignite the Croisette