Once is not custom, certain films screened within the framework of the Cannes Film Festival will be offered at the end of May in several cinemas, in Paris and in the regions, for three days of festivities. See you at the Pathé Opéra Premier as well as in four other cinemas in the provinces, from May 27 to 29, with a selection of feature films from the official competition, but also from other categories such as In some perspective Where Cannes Premiere.
It has now become a tradition. Every year since 2013 (with the exception of 2020), several films screened as part of the Cannes Film Festival are presented again in Paris and in the regions even though the biggest cinematographic event in the world is not yet complete. completely finished. The event, “Cannes in Paris” (but which can also be extended to other regions), cannot be missed by film buffs who have not had the chance to go to the Croisette.
If for several years, the sessions took place at the Gaumont Opéra (Capucines side), it is now at the Pathé Opéra Premier, on the other side of the Boulevard des Italiens, that it is happening, from May 27 to 29. Note that this ninth edition, organized in partnership with Brut, will be available in several regional cinemas such as Gaumont Rennes, Gaumont Nantes, Pathé Bellecour in Lyon and Gaumont Wilson in Toulouse.
The Palme on the program?
A total of twelve films will be offered over the three days, half of which will come from the official competition. The opportunity to discover, as in Cannes, a potential Palme d’Or: the sarcastic comedy Without Filter by Ruben Östlund (Palme d’Or in 2017 for The Square), the drama Tori and Lokita of the Dardenne Brothers (double webbed for Rosetta and The Child), the thriller Leila and her brothers by Saeed Roustaee, the chronicle The Almond Trees by Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, the sulphurous Decision To Leave of Park Chan-Wook as well as the mysterious Decision To Leave by Tariq Saleh.
Among the other feature films on offer, moviegoers will be able to enjoy three films presented at Cannes Première (Chronicle of a temporary liaison by Emmanuel Mouret, As Bestas by Rodrigo SorogoyenThe Night of 12 by Dominik Moll), two films presented Out of Competition (The Innocent by and with Louis Garrel, Masquerade by Nicolas Bedos) as well as a film from the Un Certain Regard selection (More than ever by Emily Atef). A real cinematic marathon that has nothing to envy to those of Cannes festival-goers!
The detailed program of the 2022 edition:
Friday May 27
- 2:00 p.m. – MORE THAN EVER by Emily Atef with Gaspard Ulliel and Vicky Krieps (Un Certain Regard)
- 4:45 p.m. – THE INNOCENT by and with Louis Garrel and with Roschdy Zem, Anouk Grinberg and Noémie Merlant (Out of Competition)
- 7:00 p.m. – CHRONICLE OF A PASSING AFFAIR by Emmanuel Mouret with Sandrine Kiberlain and Vincent Macaigne (Cannes Première)
- 9:30 p.m. – AS BESTAS by Rodrigo Sorogoyen with Marina Foïs and Denis Ménochet (Cannes Première)
Saturday May 28
- 2:00 p.m. – WITHOUT FILTER by Ruben Östlund with Woody Harrelson and Harris Dickinson (Official Competition)
- 5:00 p.m. – TORI AND LOKITA by Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne with Alban Ukaj and Tijmen Govaerts (Official Competition)
- 7:00 p.m. – MASQUERADE by Nicolas Bedos with Pierre Niney, Isabelle Adjani, François Cluzet and Marine Vacth (Out of Competition)
- 10:00 p.m. – THE NIGHT OF 12 by Dominik Moll with Bastien Bouillon and Bouli Lanners (Cannes Première)
Sunday May 29
- 1:00 p.m. – LEILA AND HER BROTHERS by Saeed Roustaee with Taraneh Alidoosti (Official Competition)
- 4:15 p.m. – ALMOND TREES by Valeria Bruni Tedeschi with Louis Garrel and Suzanne Lindon (Official Competition)
- 7:00 p.m. – DECISION TO LEAVE by Park Chan-Wook with Tang Wei (Official Competition)
- 9:45 p.m. – BOY FROM HEAVEN by Tarik Saleh with Tawfeek Barhom and Fares Fares (Official Competition)
Cannes to Paris, Rennes, Nantes, Lyon and Toulouse – May 27-29
At the Pathé Opéra Premier cinemas in Paris, Gaumont Rennes, Gaumont Nantes, Pathé Bellecour in Lyon and Gaumont Wilson in Toulouse
More information about the event: https://www.cinemaspathegaumont.com/actualites/le-festival-de-cannes-dans-les-cinemas-pathe-gaumont-reservez-vos-seances-en-ligne-1
We would love to say thanks to the writer of this short article for this incredible web content
“Cannes in Paris (and in the regions)”: Palme d’Or for all – Maze.fr