Jessica Chastain revealed herself rather late… She was indeed “already” 34 years old when the whole world fell in love with the actress. And since then, she is absolutely everywhere. Cherry on the cheesecake: in 2022, she finally won the Oscar for best actress.
Jessica Chastain: all about the actress
1. Born in 1977, Jessica Chastain is the daughter of Jerri, vegan chef, and Michael Monasterio, musician. They were teenagers when she and her little sister Juliet (who ended her life in 2003) were born. The actress never speaks of her biological father, who died in 2013, and his name does not appear on her birth certificate. On the other hand, she is close to her stepfather, Michael Hastey, a firefighter, with whom her mother had a son, Will. Her father also had two other daughters from two other relationships, Nicole and Laci. Jessica adopted her mother’s maiden name for a career.
2. At age 7, Jessica Chastain attended her first musical comedy with his grandmother. A revelation. She first started dancing, theater, it was in high school. She developed a real passion for william shakespeare. To the point of skipping class – she admitted to having been a poor student – to go sit in her car and read the plays of the playwright.
3. At 22, she was able to join the prestigious Juilliard School, one of New York’s most prestigious performing arts schools. She had as a comrade Oscar Isaac, an actor to whom she will give the reply a few years later in the film A Most Violent Year (2014) and the miniseries Scenes from a Marriage (2021).
4. Jessica Chastain landed her first screen roles in 2004. First, the little one. We could see it in the series Emergencies, Veronica Mars, New York: Court of Justice and Close to Home: Just Cause. Also an episode of the English series Hercule Poirot (The crime of the Orient Express). In 2008, she took her first steps in the cinema with the film Jolene of which she interprets the title role, that of an orphan whose ten years of life, chaotic, are retraced.
5. After Al Pacino hired her to star in Salome, according to Oscar Wilde, he personally recommended Jessica to director Terrence Malick: she was able to audition for The Tree of Life and got the role of Brad Pitt’s wife. The film won the Palme d’Or at walking sticks in 2011. A star is born on the Croisette… And we’ve only seen her since.
6. His third nomination for Oscars was the good one. In 2012, she was in the running for best actress in a supporting role for The color of feelings, the following year, it was in the “superior” category, that of best actress for Zero Dark Thirty. Two losses. In 2022, she won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in In the eyes of Tammy Faye. A biopic in which she lends her features to a famous televangelist. An incredible physical transformation for the actress…
7. Since 2012, Jessica Chastain shares the life of Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo, an Italian aristocrat, he is even a count. Far from the Hollywood spotlight, he works in the world of fashion. Married since 2017, in Italy, they are parents of two daughters, Giuletta, born in 2018, and a second (with an unknown first name), born in 2020. Both were born thanks to a surrogate mother.
Read also :
Charlène of Monaco: 6 crucial facts that you (perhaps) did not know about the princess
Kristen Stewart: 6 crucial facts that you (perhaps) did not know about the actress
We wish to say thanks to the author of this article for this amazing material
Jessica Chastain: 7 crucial facts you (perhaps) didn’t know about the Oscar-winning actress – Grazia