By Writing La Presse de la Manche
Like each sundayfind our selection of the good ideas of exits from day in the Sleeve.
- Bricquebec : Fête Sainte-Anne: carnival, parade parade with 300 participants. Fireworks, exceptional arrival of Miss France 2022, Diane Leyre.
- Tourlaville, Le Becquet: summer party on the small port, first kayaking from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (registration at the port) then craft market and exhibition of the Friends of the La Glacerie museum from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. An Ofni contest (unidentified floating object) will take place from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (registration at CKMNC). The Battous du Cotentin will be demonstrating from 2.30 p.m. to 6 p.m. before a performance by the P’tit Capé d’Brix troupe at 3.30 p.m. Finally, a marine meal under a marquee is scheduled for the evening at 8.30 p.m. little funfair.
- Denneville : Oyster festival, garage sales from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Bar and restaurant on site with grills and seafood will allow visitors and exhibitors to eat.
- RevilleLe Goéland: concert by Two Deep, acoustic rock duo, from 6 p.m.
- Morsalines : concert at Notre-Dame church, the Consort of Saint-Estephe, conducted by Nicholas Ansdell-Evans will give a concert of European choral music from 16e at 20e century. On the program, Bruckner, Byrd, Gurney, Josquin de Près and Leighton. Free entry.
- Cherbourg : show for all audiences “Passenger imbalance”, a virtuoso of awkwardness, he juggles with almost everything. Including circumstances and situations! At 11 a.m., Egg Theater and at 4 p.m., Boulevard de la Saline in Équeurdreville.
- Saint-Lo : Normandy Horse Show, SHF regional finals, classic cycles for young ponies and free cycles for horses.
- CherbourgCité de La Mer quays: the Sea Effect guinguette from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue : national horse show: final of the Cotentin challenges, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fort de La Hougue. Free. Contact: 06 74 02 44 72, [email protected]
- Quineville : canine hike, departure at 2 p.m. from the maritime boulevard, registration from 1 p.m. Course of 8, 6 and 4 km. Open to all with or without dogs. €5 per person, free – 10 years old. Bar and restaurant on site.
- Rethoville : production and sale of bread baked in a wood-fired oven from 9:30 a.m., the public can watch the baker making the bread and baking it in a traditional wood-fired oven. Free and free access to the bakery. Unloading and sale, at 11:30 a.m. for the waste and 12:30 p.m. for the other loaves. Booking is recommended. Water mill by Marie Ravenel, La Coudrairie. Free. Contact: 02 33 54 56 18.
- The Hague : La Grange des arts, these are artistic and romantic gardens, with terraces, small fountains and a rose garden, where you are given information on the symbolism of trees. It is also a music room, with an exhibition of paintings. Regularly, Sonja Beets, the owner of the place, plays the harp, the piano or the organ there. From 2 to 6 p.m., in the village of La Chapelle, 2, route du Ceron. Prices: €5, access to the arts room €3. Contact: 06 31 09 02 11.
- Lestre-Quineville : Sinope port festival, program: 10:30 a.m., show with the rescue dogs from the Équeurdreville association with the Newfoundlands, they will begin their presentation at 11 a.m. For lunch, a restaurant with a refreshment bar; the SNSM boat will come to visit the public around 12 noon; at 2 p.m., shuffleboard competition.
- Cherbourg-en-Cotentin : Cherbourg makes its cinema at 3 p.m. – Duration: 1 h 30. Known throughout the world thanks to the film “The umbrellas of Cherbourg”, Palme d’or at Cannes in 1964, Cherbourg is a city of cinema. Great actors such as Jean Gabin, Pierre Richard, Jane Birkin, Gérard Depardieu and very recently Jean-Paul Rouve have filmed here. This visit, punctuated with anecdotes, takes visitors to the filming locations. Price: €5, free: – 6 years old.
- Saint-Sauveur-le-Vicomte : guided tour of the church of Selsoif and the marsh through the Land of art and history of Clos du Cotentin. According to legend, the name of this isolated village in the heart of the marshes originated from an adventure that happened to Lady Létiticie, chatelaine of Saint-Sauveur, who, having got lost during a hunting trip, thought she had to die there of thirst. . Price: €4 adults, free under 18s. Meet at Selsoif church at 5 p.m. Contact: 02 33 95 01 26.
- Saint-Jean-des-Baisants : visit Heritage of Reconstruction in the Channel. Two sites to express post-war architecture, meet at 2.30 p.m., Town Hall St Jean Des Baisants car park (St Jean d’Elle) at 2.30 p.m. Prices: €6/ Visit – €3/ Commentary brochure. A lesser-known heritage, it is nevertheless remarkable. To discover and recognize as a striking element of the Reconstruction, which I invite you to do during the Heritage visit.
- Saint-Come-du-Mont, Maison du Parc: join the large observatory of the national marshes area, of the bridges of Ouve. Accompanied by a guide, discover landscape, history, water and birds… Meet at 10 am. Duration: 2 hrs. Paid. Reservation required 02 33 71 65 30.
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue : discovery of Tatihou Island. A plural island with unique heritages. Discovery of the protected site housing thematic gardens, a maritime museum and a fort. The island tells you as you walk about its unique history with the battle of La Hougue, a former place of quarantine, a maritime laboratory, etc. Tatihou Island, maritime museum. Paid. Contact: 02 14 29 03 30.
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue : the interpretation trail of the fortifications of Tatihou Island. Route around Fort Tatihou to take a nice walk around the moat and understand the astonishing interweaving of the military fortifications of Tatihou Island, from Vauban to the Atlantic Wall. The Fort, Tatihou Island. Prices: €11.50. Contact: 02 14 29 03 30.
- Barneville-CarteretSaint-Louis chapel: exhibition by Nicole Vandenbeush.
- Fermanville : exhibition dedicated to watercolors on Place Marie-Ravenel by Marcelle Mahaut and Markebert, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Reville : exhibition: species of spaces in an installation of large canvases, sculptures and ceramics, the artists Philippe Lefebvre and Alessandra Foletti evoke the presence and wandering of man in the space and time that have been lent to him . From 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Manoir de la Crasvillerie, 23, route du cap. Free. Contact: 06 24 12 71 28.
- Saint-Lo-d’Ourville : Garnier and Van Rogger paintings. The exhibition near Garnier’s studio offers, in four large rooms, large abstract canvases by Van Rogger, paintings, drawings and engravings by Garnier as well as African statuettes. Atelier Garnier, 66 Varreville. Free. Contact: 02 33 07 29 70.
- Cherbourg-en-Cotentin : Louise Licherie (1642-1687). A painter under Louis-XIV. Highlighting the work and career of an important painter of the Grand Siècle, who had, until very recently, fallen into oblivion. Thomas Henry Museum, rue Vastel. Prices: €5, reduced €3, under 26s, students, social minima, handicap: free.
- Omonville-la-Rogue, Tourp manor: When the rocks speak! Voyages in the 2 billion years of the Hague. A long chronological and illustrated frieze offers a dizzying geological journey, from the dawn of time on the Earth, from its birth 4.5 billion years ago until the appearance of Man. From 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Free.
- Omonville-la-Rogue, Tourp manor: “Cotentin, an air of paradise”: photographs by Stéphane Hurel. The Cotentin is a peninsula, a country apart, where the poetry of landscapes is written. Stéphane Hurel proposes to escape the time of an exhibition, to browse these landscapes, in a word to find the lost paradise. From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free. Info. 02 33 01 85 89.
- portbail, multipurpose room: Festival Havre des Arts. Painting, sculpture from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue : “Citadels of the world and other fortifications”. Produced by the city of Besançon, this exhibition invites you to travel the globe and time to discover citadels and fortifications listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, or engaged in this process. Tatihou Island, Customs House. Prices: €11.50. Contact: 02 14 29 03 30.
- Montaigu-la-Brisette : amateur nall-trap, series and appetizer prices.
- Saint-Martin-de-Varreville : 78e D-Day anniversary. Tribute to the 2e armored division, at 9.30 a.m., gathering of veterans of the 2e DB and standard bearers, reception of personalities, speeches and laying of wreaths. At 11 a.m., religious service in the church of Saint-Martin-de-Varreville, in memory of Colonel Courdesses and the former members of the 2e DB missing, reception. At 1:30 p.m.: Banquet by subscription. “Guys from Leclerc, don’t forget your caps and decorations”.
- The Ice Cream Shop, Cotentin Knowledge Museum, Luce hamlet: open from 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Housed in an old farm, the Knowledge of Cotentin museum retraces the glass past of La Glacerie through memories of the former royal mirror factory (1665-1830) which produced the 357 mirrors of the Hall of Mirrors of the Palace of Versailles. . You can also discover a temporary exhibition which this year is devoted to the visit of Louis XVI to Cherbourg in 1786 to inaugurate the construction of the dyke. Such. 02 33 20 33 33.
- Carentan : horse racing at the hippodrome from 12 noon.
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue : national horse show: final of the Cotentin challenges, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fort de La Hougue. Free.
- Port-Bail-sur-Mer : book fair from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., quai Aubert.
- Bretteville : garage sales, and entertainment at the Houguette site, tourist route.
- Cherbourgplace Jacques-Demy: Novelty circus at 6 p.m., single price: €8.
- piru : 16e edition of the Pirouésie festival, many workshops will be offered: writing, engraving, collage, dance… But also concerts, readings and exhibitions. More info on [email protected]
- Quineville : summer market at the tennis car park from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Cherbourg Chantereyne : open from 9 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.;
- Octeville La Butte : open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.;
- Tourlaville : open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.;
- Equeurdreville : open from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.;
- Beaumont-Hague : closed;
- The Pious : closed;
- Saint-Sauveur-le-Vicomte : closed;
- Carentan : open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow La Presse de la Manche in the My News section. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.
We would like to thank the writer of this post for this amazing material
What to do in La Manche this Sunday, July 31? Here are our good ideas for outings